Internship Product Environmental Analysis for Household Appliances
BSH Home Appliances is one of the world's leading home appliance companies and the largest home appliance manufacturer in Europe. With an extensive portfolio of 13 brands, BSH manufactures appliances for a wide range of consumer needs. Alongside the global brands Bosch, Siemens, Gaggenau and Neff, the brand portfolio also includes local brands. Leading the way all over the world. Founded in 1967, BSH was established as a joint venture between Robert Bosch GmbH (Stuttgart) and Siemens AG (Munich). BSH has been under the sole ownership of Bosch Group since January 2015. Over the past 50 years, BSH has grown from a German exporter into the world's second-largest home appliance manufacturer, with around 61,000 employees worldwide. BSH has continuously expanded its global network of employees over the last few years and now has employees on all five continents.
- Analyze the established procedure for consideration and pursuit of environmental objectives, so called product environmental analysis
- Rework the requirements for design for environment considering internal (BSH policy) and external demands (Ecodesign guideline, ISO standards)
- Revising the concept for product environmental analysis and life cycle assessments; create training documentation
- Practical support and evaluation of first pilot applications
- Possibility of writing a Bachelor or Master thesis given
- Training/Studies: Student of Engineering or Environmental Sciences as well as Design or Construction of consumer goods or any related courses with focus on technology
- Experience: First practical experiences in industry or engineering office; very good knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel
- Specific Expertise/Skills: Knowledge of Design for Environment and Recycling, Life Cycle Assessments and calculation of Recycling Rates beneficial
- Language skills: English mandatory, German desirable Other skills: Self-employed; reliable operation mode; proficient
An interesting internship in a big international company, with the possibility of writing a thesis linked to the internship.